Lebanese-British Amal Alamuddin may one day become First Lady of the U.S.!
George Clooney wants to run for Governor of California.
The 53-year-old actor is aiming to follow in the footsteps of former Republican Governor and Hollywood star Arnold Schwarzenegger by joining the 2018 race with the Democratic Party.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "George is hugely popular with Democrats and where better to be than Governor of California, home of Hollywood?
"It has always been a huge stronghold for the party and one that has a proven record for getting politicians into the Oval office."
George reportedly plans to launch his political career after tying the knot with British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, 36, in September, and has turned down a number of film projects so he can run for office.
Amal, who works as a human rights barrister in London, is said to be keen to continue her career in the city but would consider moving to America to support George.
The 'Gravity' actor is good friends with President Barack Obama and was recently his guest at a private screening for his latest movie 'The Monuments Men' at the White House.
If George went on to win the 2020 race for the Presidency, Amal could become the first British woman to be First Lady and George would follow in Ronald Reagan's footsteps, who went from being a movie idol to Governor to President.
Meanwhile, George and Amal are said to be looking at wedding venues and would love to marry in Venice, Italy later this year.
- President Clooney? George wants to enter the White House and Amal Alamuddin will help him do just that!
- So soon? Amal Alamuddin’s conservative Lebanese parents push for short engagement to George Clooney
- Say what?! George Clooney's fam shocked when he proposed to Beirut-born Amal Alamuddin
- It was "Up in the Air", but now it appears George Clooney is in fact in love with that Lebanese tease
- Save the date! George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are set for a fall wedding