OMG, did George Clooney just get laws changed, so he could wed Amal Alamuddin at his Italian villa?
George Clooney has famously enjoyed years of bachelorhood on the shores of Lake Como, where he's partied with famous friends and girlfriends at his lakeside villa.
But new restrictions in the area have prompted speculation that he'll marry his fiancee, British-Lebanese barrister Amal Alamuddin, at his one-time bachelor pad.
Us Weekly reported Wednesday that councilors in the town of Laglio, where Clooney's villa is situated, have approved new laws intended to keep the paparazzi away from the actor's home.
The new laws prohibit people from stopping outside his home and boats from approaching on water.
"These prohibitions are necessary because there have been unpleasant episodes in the past, for example people going right up under the windows of the house and yelling the actor's name," Laglio Mayor Roberto Pozzi told the Telegraph.
Alamuddin's London firm confirmed her engagement to Clooney last April.
By Kate Stanton
- George Clooney's cha-ching bling revealed: Here's the engagement ring he gave Amal Alamuddin
- President Clooney? George wants to enter the White House and Amal Alamuddin will help him do just that!
- He likes it and might put a ring on it! George Clooney "besotted" with Beirut babe Amal Alamuddin
- He's on the hunt! George Clooney already looking into London homes to be near his Lebanese fiancee
- Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed