OMG, did George Clooney just get laws changed, so he could wed Amal Alamuddin at his Italian villa?
George Clooney has famously enjoyed years of bachelorhood on the shores of Lake Como, where he's partied with famous friends and girlfriends at his lakeside villa.
But new restrictions in the area have prompted speculation that he'll marry his fiancee, British-Lebanese barrister Amal Alamuddin, at his one-time bachelor pad.
Us Weekly reported Wednesday that councilors in the town of Laglio, where Clooney's villa is situated, have approved new laws intended to keep the paparazzi away from the actor's home.
The new laws prohibit people from stopping outside his home and boats from approaching on water.
"These prohibitions are necessary because there have been unpleasant episodes in the past, for example people going right up under the windows of the house and yelling the actor's name," Laglio Mayor Roberto Pozzi told the Telegraph.
Alamuddin's London firm confirmed her engagement to Clooney last April.
By Kate Stanton
- Amal Alamuddin’s first d’oh! Lebanese wife of the season gets “clooned” into Simpson cartoon strip
- As long as Amal is safe! Steer clear of George Clooney’s Italian villa or get fined $500 USD for it!
- OMG! Elissa is getting married THIS year at long last!
- George Clooney getting cold feet over wedding to Lebanese love
- The Clooneys are in town! George's parents jet into Lake Como ahead of wedding of the year