President Clooney? George wants to enter the White House and Amal Alamuddin will help him do just that!
George Clooney’s aunt Starla told me last month that the Hollywood star planned to enter politics and said his British fiancee, human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin, would help him achieve his ambitions.
Now one of Clooney’s friends says the actor has set his sights on the White House.
‘George wouldn’t want to be a senator, it’s more like President, and I know that’s something he’d love to do,’ says Stephen Henry, who has known Clooney for 20 years.
‘George can get any audience he wants right now, and if he wants to make a change in America, he could do it easily.’
Henry adds that Amal, 36, must be ‘extraordinary’ to have inspired George to marry again at the age of 53.
‘There’s no question that she will be a tremendous asset to him,’ he says. ‘They could be the next Barack and Michelle.
‘Now that he feels he’s found the right person, he’ll be far more effective, politically, and life will be more complete for him.’
- Let them eat cake! Honeymooners George and Amal too loved-up to give the hungry protesting Venetians much attention
- Three Lebanese politicians land highly coveted seats at George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's London ceremony
- Clooney shows off his Lebanese catch to the inner circle: Amal Alamuddin's A-list double date with George's mates!
- The "lovely, intellectual & wonderful" Amal Alamuddin gets George Clooney's parents' seal of approval
- Super-activist Clooney adds super-car to his Sudan cause