Sorry, Daily Mail, but Clooney doesn't accept your apology for starting rumors about Amal's momma
George Clooney has rejected the apology for false reports that said future mother-in-law objected to his marriage.
Speaking out in another statement, published by USA Today, the 53-year-old actor rejected an apology over the false reports, saying that none of it was true, the Mirror reported.
The 'Ocean's Eleven' star sated that the Daily Mail had printed an apology for insinuating religious tensions where there were none and in the apology, managing editor Charles Garside claims that the article was 'not a fabrication', but was based the story on conversations with senior members of the Lebanese community.
He stated that the problem was that none of that was true.
Clooney had spoken out in a second public statement, after a newspaper and online article claimed Amal Alamuddin's mother didn't approve of their marriage.
- If momma-in-law ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! George Clooney slams rumors about his Lebanese MIL
- He likes it and might put a ring on it! George Clooney "besotted" with Beirut babe Amal Alamuddin
- It's a date! George Clooney to kiss his Druze bride Amal Alamuddin on Sept. 20!
- Way to snag that Beirut babe! George Clooney's engagement to Amal Alamuddin confirmed
- Save the date! George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are set for a fall wedding