Here's some cash, Clooney! Amal Alamuddin's Lebanese 'rents are footing the wedding bill
George Clooney doesn't have to fork over cash for their wedding this month. It's all on Amal's parents. (Image: Facebook)
George Clooney's fiancée's family are paying for their upcoming wedding.
The 53-year-old actor, who has an estimated fortune of $180 million, reportedly isn't footing the bill for his lavish nuptials in Venice, Italy later this month, as Amal Alamuddin's parents have insisted on sticking to the tradition of the bride's family paying for the event.
A source told Us Weekly magazine: "Crazy enough, her family is paying for most of it!"
The British barrister's mother and father, Ramzi and Baria Alamuddin, also helped them decide on a location and date.
An insider previously explained: "[They are] old-fashioned when it comes to these things."
The brunette beauty's mother is an editor at Lebanese newspaper Al Hayat, while Ramzi, is a retired business professor, who taught at the Beirut campus of the American University.
The couple are expected to tie the knot on September 27 at a black-tie affair, and final preparations are already underway.
The source said: "It's all very classy."
Actor Matt Damon and his wife, Luciana Barroso, and supermodel Cindy Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, who is expected to be George's best man, will be among the small number of guests.
The insider added: "He wanted just 60 genuine friends and family."
Earlier this month, two-time Oscar winner George admitted he can't wait to get married.
The "Monuments Men" star said: "I would just like to say to my bride-to-be, Amal, that I love you very much. And I can't wait to be your husband."
- Who wore it better? Worlds apart Amal Alamuddin & Taylor Swift go head-to-head in same $900 floral dress
- So soon? Amal Alamuddin’s conservative Lebanese parents push for short engagement to George Clooney
- Amal Alamuddin gifts her hubby with Arabic-inscribed cufflinks and two dogs?!
- Say what?! George Clooney's fam shocked when he proposed to Beirut-born Amal Alamuddin
- He likes it and might put a ring on it! George Clooney "besotted" with Beirut babe Amal Alamuddin