German Pianist to Play Concerts in Bahrain
German pianist Isabel Hohage is in Bahrain to give two concerts this week.
The first concert performed by the 24-year-old pianist was for invited guests only on Sunday at the Saar home of German Ambassador Wolfgang Lerke, according to Gulf Daily News.
This will be followed by a concert at the Art Center, near the Bahrain National Museum in Manama, on Tuesday. The second concert is open free to the public.
Hohage, from Bad Hersfeld, started learning to play at the age of five years.
She has won numerous awards, including the title of Best Young Musician in Germany.
Hohage's concerts will feature pieces by Johann Sebastian Bach, Sergei Rachmaninov, Alberto Ginestera, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Frederic Chopin.
Her concerts are being organized by the German Embassy, in coordination with the National Heritage Directorate of the Bahraini Information Ministry culture – Albawaba.com
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Jewish pianist performs in West Bank, faces death threats in Israel....
- Youth German Symphony Orchestra Performs Concert in Damascus
- Russian master pianist in Cairo for a bit of Chopin
- Musical legends, 3D, concerts and live performances in Dubai International Film Festival’s Rhythm & Reels
- German and Saudi rappers collide at Jeddah Hip Hop Jam