No more sexy Ghada? New movie promises an unsually non-seductive Abdel Razek
Remember that Hollywood movie “Carnage?” It was filmed in just one room, but was a huge success, nonetheless. Now, Egyptian producer Hani Jarjis Fawzi has attempted the same idea – the first of its kind in Arabic cinema – with his film “Jarsunirah.”
This is Hani's first attempt at film directing, and a bold move to take it with a film idea like this one. The entire story revolves around three characters in one room. Hani's main concern is that viewers will get bored watching the movie because the set and cast are one and the same.
However, he made a good choice with his cast selection; the film stars Egyptian actress Ghada Abdel Razek and Nidal Al Shafei. Although “Jarsunirah” was accused of being as provocative as his last film “Feelings,” Hani insisted that he purposely avoided including seductive scenes in this film, to make it different to any other one he's ever made.
The critique originated from the fact that some of Ghada's scenes were accused of being overly provocative and inappropriate for viewers, which resulted in deleting them, according to Elaph news.
However, Hani strongly denied the claims and said that the only deleted scenes were those (some) of Nidal's, where he was overacting and that didn't go with the high standards the film is aiming to achieve.
Will the movie be come on top or flop? You can judge for yourselves once it's released in January!
- Aww moment! Ghada Abdel Razek sobs in the arms of her hubby at film premiere
- Will Ghada Abdel Razek's "bad teacher" movie have the same fate as Haifa Wehbe's "Beauty of the Soul"?
- Ghada Abdel Raziq: too naughty for Egyptian censors
- Same fate, different film: Did Ghada Abdel Razek say no to "bad teacher" film because of Haifa Wehbe?
- Child Discovers Movie Paradise in ‘Bahib Al Cinema’