Will Ghada Abdel Razek's "bad teacher" movie have the same fate as Haifa Wehbe's "Beauty of the Soul"?
Ghada Abdel Razek is pretty worried about the fate of her upcoming movie, after Haifa Wehbe’s controversial film “Halawet Rouh” (Beauty of the Soul) was pulled from cinemas in Egypt for its seuxal and adult nature.
According to Sayidaty.net, Ghada’s concerned that her new film “Hajar Al Asas” (Bedrock) will face similar problems to those of Haifa’s production, since she plays the daring role of a teacher who has an affair with one of her students.
Sounds like both films were made especially for the Egyptian Censorship Committee!
However with some luck, one of the members of the committee may quit in protest of Ghada’s film if it were to be censored, just like the head of Egypt's censorship board resigning in protest of the decision to pull Wehbe's latest movie from cinemas in Egypt.
- Aww moment! Ghada Abdel Razek sobs in the arms of her hubby at film premiere
- Haifa Wehbe has some serious haters in Egypt right now, but fellow celeb Nadia Lufti isn't one of them!
- Ghada Abdel Razek is Sheikha Mozah in Biopic
- Same fate, different film: Did Ghada Abdel Razek say no to "bad teacher" film because of Haifa Wehbe?
- He's Team Haifa: Top Egypt censor quits over Wehbe's latest "adult" movie