The Weakest Link: Ghada Abdel Razak a Ramadan failure
Fans may love Ghada Abdel Razaq as an actress, but they weren't too keen on her latest Ramadan drama “Hekayet Hayat” (Hayat's Story) this time around!
The writers of the show were inspired by Hollywood'd Shutter Island, and based Hayat's Story on some of it.
Although the series started off strong, as the weeks passed by it lost its strong plot and viewers weren't impressed by the actors' performances.
Lebanese actress Razan El Moghrabi was one of the show's stars, but she seriously failed to impress viewers with her “weak” Egyptian accent and lack of acting talent.
Egyptian singer Khalid Salim was another one on the failed-to-impress list, as his performance was also seen as weak. Why couldn't they hire “real” actors, anyway?
Perhaps the months of drama and tension between Ghada and the series director on the set of the drama were what caused actors' less-than-average performances, but critics and fans firmly believe that Ghada's 2012 Ramadan drama “Ma'a Sibq Al Israr” (With Prior Insistency) was far more watchable.
Other dramas that viewers did actually like were “Niran Sadiqa” (Friendly Fires) and “Mawjah Harra” (Heat Wave), as they had very strong actors and story lines.
- Asala makes it to Ghada Abdel Razek's Ramadan TV show... as their theme tune singer!
- Haunted by troubles: Ghada Abdel Razek drunk and stoned in latest shenanigans
- Old-news-turned-new: Ghada Abdel Razek is married... to her ex-hubby!
- Do you promise to tell the truth? Ghada Abdel Razek in court against Mohammad Sami
- I take it back! Ghada Abdel Raziq reneges statement on Sami smokin' pot