Ghada Abdel Razek's new movie too 'adult' for her conservative fans?
Some people aren't happy with the boldness of Ghada Abdel Razek and her co-stars' new film "Elli Ekhtasho Matu" (The Shy Ones are Dead). (Facebook)
Much controversy has been surrounding Ghada Abdel Razek's film "Elli Ekhtasho Matu" (The Shy Ones are Dead) before it's even been released.
Film buffs first criticized the movie's promotional poster for its uncanny resemblance to Lebanese actress Darine Hamze's promo poster for her movie "Beirut Hotel."
Then it was the film's trailer that set tongues wagging because of Ghada's co-star Abeer Sabry's scene, where she appears naked in a bath tub.
Although we can't see her fully naked, Abeer's more conservative audience didn't approve of her being filmed without her kit on.
The film premieres on April 20 and has been given a 16+ rating.
- Will Ghada Abdel Razek's "bad teacher" movie have the same fate as Haifa Wehbe's "Beauty of the Soul"?
- Aww moment! Ghada Abdel Razek sobs in the arms of her hubby at film premiere
- Ghada Abdel Razek nearly resigned, then resumed her queenly position
- Not a bikini! Ghada Abdel Razek railed against for swimsuit pic
- Together through thick & thin: Ghada Abdel Razek refuses to abandon shamed actor Ahmed Ezz