Queen of the small screen: Ghada Abdel Razek steals away Ghada Adel's royal role
Perhaps Egyptian actress Ghada Abdel Razek thinks she's Queen of the small screen, which led her to easily accept accept the dream role of actress Ghada Adel in the upcoming TV drama “Shajar et al-Durr.”
The drama tells the story of the sultan of Egypt Salih Ayyub's widow, who played a crucial role after his death during the Seventh Crusade against Egypt and was later crowned Queen of Egypt.
According to Sayidaty.net, the role was initially offered to Adel, but later given to Abdel Razek due to her high popularity on TV in recent years.
Such a shame as Adel has been infatuated with al-Durr since she was a little girl, and her dream was to play her in a TV production.
Better luck next time Adel!
- Ghada Abdel Razek nearly resigned, then resumed her queenly position
- First Lady of the house! Ghada Abdel Razek supports hubby during Parliamentary elections
- The life & death of a legend: Ghada Adel to play "Zahra Al Ola" in new TV series
- Don't get your hopes up! Ghada Adel not returning to the film industry just yet
- Ghada Adel's graveyard shift: break-down at the cemetery