Ghalia Ben Ali bound for Alexandria on Saturday, 14 December
Tunisian singer Ghalia Ben Ali will perform at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina on Saturday 14 December, presenting her latest musical project "See You in Alexandria."
Ben Ali will be performing her most popular music, as well as a new set of songs written by a few young Egyptian poets. A group of Egyptian musicians will perform with Ben Ali, including Ayman Asfour, Wael El-Said, Ahmed Maher, Hany Badeer and Ayman Mabrook.
The singer, who was born in Belgium but grew up in the Tunisian town of Zarzis, is known for blending musical influences from different traditions, and has been described as an artist who brings East and West together. She fuses elements of Arabic classical style with jazz and Indian music.
Ben Ali performed at Plaza Cinema on Saturday 7 December as part of the closing day of the Sixth European Film Panorama.
Saturday 14 December, at 7pm
Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Arts Centre, Main Hall, Shatby, Alexandria
- The Khalife's are coming! Marcel and sons are set to sing in Egypt next week
- Take your pick of fun things to do in Egypt this week (22-29 December)!
- Egyptian rock-funk band give music lovers a taste of what's to come
- Get ready to "Have Fan" in Alexandria on August 23
- Get lost in the wonderful world of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina Summer Festival this August