Top of the Tube: Nawal shares her 'Strange World'
Nawal makes it to the top of the pile with 'Gharibi Hal Denyi' (Strange World)
Nawal al Zoghbi has reached the summit. Fans from East to West are going cray cray over the Lebanese sultry singer's newest hit 'Gharibi Hal Denyi' (Strange World).
The music vid on YouTube alone has received 2.5 million hits and climbing! It's also been played on the European music channel MTV, making history by being the first ever Arab clip on the channel.
Radio stations in more than six countries around the region are ranking the song number one.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, the pop queen is ecstatic over the sudden success of her track and is totally honored for being noticed by MTV Europe.
This newest wave of fame should maintain her spot in the limelight for the time being and lessen any threat she may feel by younger rising stars.
Share with us your thoughts. Is Nawal's latest hit worthy of the hype?
- Still in demand! Nawal al Zoghbi YouTube's most-watched in the Arab world!
- Rosie Garthwaite shares advice with NU-Q students after leaving Al Jazeera to make documentaries
- Nawal Al Zoghbi basks in her OTV glory, "Gharibi Hal Denyi" wins 2013 best song and clip!
- Ahead of her Dubai gig, things are still black and white with Macy Gray
- LG Electronics ties up with Yahoo! and National Geographic Digital leader launches global online photo contest, ‘Viewtyful World’ to encourage phot