Give me a war…I’ll give you a song
According to the London daily Elaph, the songs “Bahibak Ya Libnan” (I Love You Lebanon), “Baghdad”, “Ya Beirut” (Oh Beirut), “Bahlif Besamaha” (I Swear On Its Skies), “Raje’ Yetamar Lebnan” (Lebanon Will Be Rebuilt) are among and the many songs that show the love of one’s country and being attached to the land and the people of one’s country.
These are some of the many songs that are stuck in people’s hearts throughout the Arab world for some time and then are forgotten.
Since the war on Gaza started many songs were released and it is hard to see the point of these songs, because for sure the people in Gaza won’t be hearing them and if they did they will not change the reality of their everyday life. Some artists believe that instead of spending time on useless songs, the money should be donated to the people of Gaza in order to get food and medical supplies which they are in desperate need of.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- BurJuman gives children a lot to make a song and dance about with “Musical Magic”
- BurJuman gives children a lot to make a song and dance about with Musical Magic
- Top Tech Tips for a Fun-Drenched Summer HP’s desktop PCs give you the best in summer entertainment
- Old Baghdad resurrected in charming Beirut