Could celebrity chef extraordinaire Gordon Ramsay be moving to Dubai?
British celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is about to open in Dubai in the coming months. “Dubai is a fantastic city,” Ramsay told tabloid!. “We are looking at two locations now and it’s only a matter of time.”
But he’s keeping uncharacteristically tight-lipped about the location though he did indicate it would not be at a Hilton location.
“We had nine fantastic years in Dubai and we introduced the concept of really high-end dining there,” he said, referring to Verre, the restaurant.
He operated at the Hilton Dubai Creek. It was his first restaurant outside the UK.“In many ways, we were ahead of our time,” he said.
At present, Ramsay’s only outlets in the Middle East and Gulf region are located at the five-star St. Regis Hotel in Doha, Qatar. The Gordon
Ramsay Doha offers fine-dining experiences in an intimate setting, while Opal serves Western classics in a relaxed bistro. The day-to-day operations of both restaurants are headed by Michelin-starred Chef Gilles Bosquet.
- The celeb chefs and the celeb bands: all the gossip ahead of Taste Dubai
- Play me a song, Paris! Hilton heiress hitting the decks at Cavalli Club Dubai
- Let them eat cake! US Celebrity chef and "Cake Boss" star ponders opening bakery in Bahrain
- Skateboard star Tony Hawk rolls into Dubai
- Dine in Dubai with the likes of Clooney, Pitt, and Cruise