Haifa elbows Sherine out of a job
Poor Sherine is left out of the game.
Post 'The Voice' talent show, Egyptian singer, Sherine Abdel Wahab, had been twiddling her thumbs, searching for the next big gig. The star was said to be thrilled when she landed a job presenting the popular Ramadan riddles show, 'Habshatkanat'.
Solving riddles is a tradition for the holy month and although Sherine was worried about making her mark, she was reportedly keen to get back to the TV screens.
So fans were shocked when producers announced this week that the Egyptian coach had been elbowed out of the job in favor of Lebanese megastar, Haifa Wehbe.
Haifa is known for her razor sharp wit on her Twitter page where as Sherine has worried producers in the past with her tears and tantrums on screen.
However, the 'Habshatkanat' production company bigwigs are insistant that it was Sherine's decision to withdraw and that she was too busy on recording her new album to take on the show.
- Sherine Abdelwahab crosses the line, says Haifa Wehbe would offer Ricky Martin sex
- Sore loser? ‘Voice’ judge Sherine duets with her runner up at Mawazine Fest
- Sherine Abdel Wahab, “I’m hotter than Haifa Wehbe”
- Egypt and Lebanon go head-to-head when Sherine takes on Haifa
- New company, New record: An exciting season awaits Sherine Abdel Wahab