Haifa Wahbi leads Rania Yousif to withdrawal from drama
Egyptian actress Rania Yousif said that she will withdrawal from the television drama “Mawlid Wa Sahibo Ghayeb”, asserting the entire production revolves around the leading role of Lebanese singer Haifa Wahbi.
Rania said that she congratulated Haifa on her role in the drama, but said that she will not act in the drama when all attention is focus on Haifa’s role, while other actors are considered “second hand.”
Rania’s made her decision, despite that she was also given a leading role.
There is no dispute between her and Haifa, said Rania.
According to the internet website MBC.net, Rania stated that the matter is between her and the director of the drama Majdi Al Huwari and after she read the script she notified him of her refusal.
Rania is currently filming the scenes for her upcoming movie “Riklam,” alongside prominent Egyptian actress Ghada Abd Al Raziq with director Ali Rajab.
- Haifa Wahbi removed from Egyptian drama
- Ahmad Al Sakka draws a red line for Haifa Wahbi
- Haifa deprived of first leading role in TV drama
- High maintenance Haifa’s TV drama demands too high, no hope for starring role
- She ain't no traitor to her gender! Rania Youssef defends her portrayal of a cheating wife