Private & Confidential: Haifa Wehbe keeps schtum about her new movie
However, the Lebanese diva has reached an agreement with director Sameh Abdelaziz to begin filming scenes for her upcoming movie “Halawit Rouh” (Good Soul) directly after the Muslim holiday Eid Al Adha next week.
According to Laha Magazine, producer Mohammad Al Sabki has a lot of faith in the singer, as he nominated her for the leading role in this film.
Should the project go ahead and we see Haifa on screen – unlike some of her other acting works – it will mark her second experience starring in an Egyptian film.
We saw Haifa in the film “Dukkan Shahateh” (Shahateh’s Supermarket) in 2009, which was directed by Khaled Younis.
According to the London daily Elaph, Haifa received positive criticism for her role in the film.
“Halawit Rouh” stars Bassem Al Samrah and Salah Abdullah. Details of the film are being kept top secret by its cast and crew members, as they plan on it being a big surprise for Haifa's fans.
Despite the fact that no release date has yet been set, it is expected to screen during the summer season of 2014, as it's considered as the most profitable season for Egyptian cinema.
- Get outta here: Did Haifa Wehbe kick journalists off her movie set?
- Haifa Whabe opens “Dukan Shahateh” in the Emirates
- Haifa plays a 'slave widow' in her upcoming film "Goodness of the Soul"
- The Awesome Twosome: Haifa Wehbe duets with Tamer Ashour!
- A winter miracle: Haifa Wehbe's movie finally approved by the Egyptian Censorship Committee