Can sex kitten Haifa Wehbe deliver her film's rape scene in a sensitive way?
It seems that lately, many filmmakers are tackling the sensitive subject of rape in their movies, and Haifa Wehbe is doing her bit for the controversial cause in her latest film “Halawit Rouh” (Rouh's Beauty).
The singer-turned-actress has requested the film's director Samih Abdel Aziz to carefully consider the way her rape scene will be filmed.
Haifa demanded that everyone leave the set when filming for 'that' scene begins, in order that she can give her full focus to it and do it justice by keeping it gritty as possible.
She said her aim is to deliver the scene in a 'non-provocative' or sensationalist way and to portray her character as the victim who viewers will sympathize with, according to Sayidaty.net. The Middle East may still have a way to go with changing attitudes to rape in general which, "though illegal, has traditionally been seen as more of a family misfortune rather than a crime", according to a UN report in IRIN.
If any woman can do it, we think that this feisty femme can pull it off!
Haifa was so moved by her scene that apparently broke down in tears during filming.
- Haifa Wehbe's not-so-sensible "sexy-fied" rape film delayed in release
- Curiosity killed the cat: What are sex kitten Haifa Wehbe & tomcat Samo Zein up to?
- What's eating Haifa Wehbe? Actress' film rated "R," four "overly-sexual" scenes deleted
- When Hakim met Haifa: Singer lands singing role in Wehbe in new film!
- Haifa Wehbi's hotel rape story inundates web