It's only "Words on Paper" for Haifa Wehbe's Ramadan TV series when it comes to Egypt TV
First she was banned from Egyptian cinema, now Haifa Wehbe is banned from Egyptian TV? We're not too surprised to be honest!
Wehbe's Ramadan TV series "Kalam Ala Waraq" (Words on Paper)'s showmakers failed to sell the production to the state-owned Egypt TV, insiders from the network revealed.
The TV execs firmly said "no, thank you" in order to stay on the government's sweet side. Anything starring Haifa is bound to be controversial.
Or perhaps they learned from others' past mistakes after her latest movie "Halawet Rouh" (Beauty of the Soul) caused huge controversy all over the Arab world and was later banned across cinemas in Egypt because of its x-rated content, reports Sayidaty.net.
The drama stars Haifa Wehbe, Egyptian actors Najla Badr, Ahmad Zaher and Majed Al Masri and is produced by Mohammad Sami, who also happened to produce "Halawet Rouh."
- Watch a hot Haifa Wehbe in the first promo of her new TV series "Mariam"
- Who played it better? Myriam Fares & Haifa Wehbe play near identical characters this Ramadan
- The promo is out: It's "Scenes on Film" for Haifa Wehbe's "Words on Paper"!
- Haifa’s surprise after Ramadan
- Who knew? Haifa's been hiding her acting chops all this time