When Hakim met Haifa: Singer lands singing role in Wehbe in new film!
A special meeting took place between internationally known Egyptian folk singer Hakim and Lebanese diva Haifa Wehbe in the much-anticipated film "Halawet Rouh" (Sweetness of the Soul) starring Haifa as its leading female actress.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, Hakim sings the theme song for the new film, which is scheduled to finally see the light at the movies this coming April.
“Sweetness of the Soul” was finally given the go-ahead by the Egyptian Censorship Committee, but not before removing 27 lines from the script - ones that were mostly read-out by children - as they were deemed very inappropriate for kids their age.
The Committee also made it that the film is rated “R” so that only those over 18 are able to watch it.
The meeting between Haifa and Hakim was arranged by the film’s producer Al Sabaki, who insisted that Hakim sings the theme song for the film since its storyline revolves around a young woman living in a common neighborhood and is subjected to a number of problems due to her extraordinary good looks. Hakim also appears in the film with Haifa as a singer at one of the parties where she dances for money.
- A super sexy video of Haifa Wehbe dancing to Hakim gets over 1 Million YouTube views!
- Hating on Haifa: Egyptian people want the Lebanese Diva out of their country!
- What's eating Haifa Wehbe? Actress' film rated "R," four "overly-sexual" scenes deleted
- Argh, Minister Mihlib! Piraters are making bank from sales of the banned "Halawet Rouh"
- High five to Haifa! Najwa Fouad has only high praise to give her co-star