Heck no Haifa! Najwa Fouad supports government ban of "Halawit Rouh"
Najwa Fouad takes back high praise of Haifa and supports ban of her film (Image: Facbook).
Belly dancing Najwa Fouad said that she fully supports the Egyptian government's latest decision to ban the new film "Halawit Rouh" starring Lebanese diva Haifa Wehbe, despite the fact that she takes part in it as a guest of honor. She didn't even hit up the cinema to see it for herself!
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, Najwa said that banning the film will cause film makers think carefully about the kind of films they present, especially ones similar to that of Haifa's. She added that films must bring a meaningful message to the coming generations and the lives of children.
Najwa stressed that her taking part in the film does not mean she should defend it and that the decision to by the government to ban it was the soundest decision made since the establishment of the new government.
Well, how's that for confusing coming from the sassy starlet who previously had nothing but high praise for Haifa in her role?!
- High five to Haifa! Najwa Fouad has only high praise to give her co-star
- Private & Confidential: Haifa Wehbe keeps schtum about her new movie
- When Hakim met Haifa: Singer lands singing role in Wehbe in new film!
- "Halawet Rouh's" leading child actor attacked on the way to school, called blasphemous
- Argh, Minister Mihlib! Piraters are making bank from sales of the banned "Halawet Rouh"