Hanan Turk in an all female film, no men allowed
Egyptian cinema has for the first time since its making witnessed the rise of a new film "Ahla Al Awkat" (The Best of Times) with an all female cast. The film is a first time experience for Egyptian director Hala Khalil and scenarist Wisam Sulieman.
The film features three lead actresses, who are also good friends in real life. Egyptian actresses Hanan Turk, Muna Shalabi, and Tunisian actress Hind Sabri costar alongside one another in the film.
It was revealed that no males took part in the creation of the film except for the head cameraman and six males who took part in minor roles throughout the film. Hala stressed that the fact that the cast of the film are all females was not a coincidence, for the mere fact that the film revolves around the story of three women who are the best of friends.
The film tackles the idea of how people accept problems they face in society and how they find ways to overcome all obstacles. –Albawaba.com
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt’s first female Muslim clerk threatens to sue Hanan Turk
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Court finds Hanan Turk and Karim Abdul Aziz innocent of stealing 25 thousand Egyptian pounds
- Hanan Turk accused of assaulting a journalist
- Hanan Turk’s new cinema role