Silver lining for talent show loser as Hani Shaker invites her to sing with him
She may have finished in a disappointing sixth place in the Voice of Al Hayat talent competition but things are looking up for Nourhanne Hassan. The former contestant was promised by one of the show's judging panel, Hani Shaker no less, that she could sing alongside him.
The singer/songwriter legend has now come good on his offer, inviting Nourhanne to perform with him alongside competition winner Sharif Ismael at the grand Cairo Opera House.
For Nourhanne the chance to sing in front of a huge audience is a 'dream come true' and will give her the chance to gain some valuable exposure, in a notoriously difficult industry to crack.
- Snakes on a plain TV show: Ahmad Al Fishawi's "Sing if You Can" will test the limits of every contestant
- Hani Shaker's judgemental streak
- Andrea Bocelli talks pop stars, popes and politics ahead of Abu Dhabi show
- Recap: "Your Face Sounds Familiar" ep1
- Get in the mood for love with Bibliotheca Alexandrina's romantic celebrations this Valentine's Day