Hatem Ali Directs New Episodes From ‘Four Seasons’
Syrian actor and director Hatem Ali began shooting new episodes for the series al Fusool al Araba’h (Four Seasons) with the same stars of the first part.
“I don’t favor dividing the series into parts. The series is based on the separate interrelated episodes with each one having its own topic. Based on this we can simply give our first episode in this part a serial number after the last episode, which has been aired. I prefer this type of technique because it can absorb an infinite number of episodes. I was keen to keep the same stars and locations despite the fact that many changes on the characters have taken place after three year. For example, Omar can transform Nara from a mere child into a girl on the verge of adolescence and so change her way of thinking and the problems she faces and the same applies to the rest of characters,” Ali told the Syrian daily Tishreen.
About the most prominent topics to be tackled by the series, the director said, “I try to make the series a modern one that depicts new events. There is an attempt to raise the most recent problems and discuss them such as the episode Ya Wad Ya Teel about the late Egyptian actress Suad Hosni and Lifah wa Maryoul which is about the September 11 attacks and the relation between us And the US. Another episode tackles the Egyptian series al Hag Mitwalli and its impact on the Syrian public.” -- Albawaba.com
- Egyptian TV Censors Erase Memory of 1971 Cairo Students' Sit-in
- Syrian TV to Shoot 13 New Dramas
- New season of “Stars of Science”, the first Pan-Arab TV contest on innovation, airs October 3 on 15 Arab channels
- The Prophet Mohamed's companions are biggest drama hit this Ramadan
- Nancy goes from 'super' to 'Arab Idol' as she is confirmed as the fourth judge