Get ready to "Have Fan" in Alexandria on August 23
Independent bands will perform on Saturday 23 August at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina's open air theatre in an evening dubbed 'Have Fan'.
The word fan is a play on the English word fun and the Arabic el-fan, meaning art).
The evening will include performances by Osama El-Hady, Nour Project, Soot Fel-Zahma and Wasla, moving the audience across blues, jazz, rock, electronic music and oriental sounds, songs and instrumentals.
'Have Fan' is part of the 12th Summer Festival organised by Bibliotheca Alexandrina's Arts Centre.
Launched on 6 August and continuing until 2 September, the festival presents the Art Centre's Choir, BA Chamber Orchestra performing tangos and film music, a multitude of independent musicians, as well as music scene veterans, with Les Petits Chats on the closing night.
Read the festival's programme here
Saturday 23 August, 8.30pm
Bibliotheca Alexandrina, open air theatre, Chatby, Alexandria
- Get lost in the wonderful world of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina Summer Festival this August
- Egyptian coastal city readies to party at the 12th Bibliotheca Alexandrina Summer Festival
- Ghalia Ben Ali bound for Alexandria on Saturday, 14 December
- Find 'A Good Husband' in Egypt this week at the Japanese Film Festival
- Egyptian rock-funk band give music lovers a taste of what's to come