Head of the Egyptian Art Association takes back his resignation
Dr. Ashraf Zaki the Head of the Egyptian Art Association took back his resignation which he had presented to the organization board after protests were held by actors and artist in order to keep him as the Head of the Association. Protests were held outside of Ashraf’s home, a move that touched his heart and made him change his mind.
Many artists, actors and producers had received messages on their cell phones signed by Zaki and the messages said “I apologize for not making the appointment I resigned”. Zaki’s phone was closed for the whole day so no one can reach him. Calls that were made to his home were answered by his wife actress “Rojeena”, who had told callers that she knows nothing of the matter and that her husband is at a meeting with the “Theater Art House” despite the fact that theater was on a holiday.
The artists, producers and directors had met at the Art Association and protested there and afterwards released a petition signed by them all that stated that Ashraf Zaki should take back his resignation and that he should meet with board of directors for the Association in order to clear his reasons for the resignation.
- Hani Shaker goes back on recent decision to resign
- Fifi Abdo elected President of the Belly Dancing Association
- International Association of Science Parks World conference ready to take place in Qatar for first time
- Noor and Hind appointed in the Egyptian Art Association
- All 'Eyes' on Tahrir: The Second Egyptian Revolution Goes Back to Square One?