From Jolie to Sabri: Stars visit Syrian refugees in Jordan
Tunisian actress Hend Sabri swapped celebrity glamour for humanitarian action this week when she paid a visit to the Zaatari refugee camp in Jordan.
The star - who has been a long-time representative of the World Food Program - went to see how the 35,000 hot meals provided by the charity every day help the residents of the sprawling tent city to survive.
Doing her bit for the ever-increasing number of people forced to flee from the bloodshed of Syria, in a bid to make improvements Hend spoke to the refugees about the conditions of the camp and the quality of food they are given.
This isn't the first time the Zaatrari camp has been given the celebrity treatment - Hend has followed in the footsteps of Hollywood superstar Angelina Jolie who visited the camp earlier this month as part of her role as special envoy for the UN's refugee agency.
Do you think it's appropriate for celebrities to visit refugee camps on behalf of charities? Does it attract more attention to the suffering of refugees or to the stars themselves? Leave us your thoughts below!
- How adorable! Hend Sabri's baby rocks it in trendy oversized shades
- Ambassador Against Hunger Hend Sabry ironically looking fuller than usual
- Namaste, Dalai Lama! Iranian actress gets a meet and greet with the Tibetan spiritual leader
- Angelina Jolie: Hollywood star pitches up in Syrian refugee camp
- Syrian movie star pitches up in Zaatari refugee camp