Hind Sabri best leading female actress
The latest film “Ahla Al Awqat” (Best of Times) starring young Tunisian actress Hind Sabri and Egyptian actress Hanan Turk, has received four different awards at the Fifty Third Catholic Egyptian Cinema Festival. The four prizes were Best Film, Best Production, Best Direction, and Best Leading Actress, which was given to Hind.
The film marks the first all leading female actresses in Egyptian cinema history. The film is a first time experience for Egyptian director Hala Khalil and scenarist Wisam Sulieman. The film features three lead actresses, who are also good friends in real life. Egyptian actresses Hanan, Muna Shalabi, and Hind Sabri costar alongside one another in the film.
It was revealed that no males took part in the creation of the film except for the head cameraman and six males who took part in minor roles throughout the film. Hala stressed that the fact that the cast of the film are all females was not a coincidence, for the mere fact that the film revolves around the story of three women who are the best of friends.
The film tackles the idea of how people accept problems they face in society and how they find ways to overcome all obstacles.
- Mina Shalabi and Hind Sabri victims of terrorism in ‘Ka’imat Al Basha’
- Mervant Amin is enough for me! Hamada Hilal halts rumors of wanting an actress upgrade for "Hamati Bithibni"
- Surprise! Hind Sabri sneaks cameo appearance in the hot new Egyptian film "Excuse My French"
- Girl power: Iran female cineastes partake in Women’s Cinema Confab in US
- Hind Sabri receives four awards for the same role