Hollywood Eyes Dubai\'s Media City Project
The Hollywood company Paramount Pictures is looking into the prospects of working with Dubai Media City (DMC), organizers of the newly launched venture said Tuesday.
A Paramount delegation headed by Jonathan Zilli, a senior vice president, visited this Gulf emirate for talks with the chief executive officer of DMC, Said al-Muntafiq.
They sought "to identify joint opportunities and ways in which they (Paramount) could participate in the development of Dubai Media City and its many projects," DMC said in a statement.
Zilli was quoted as saying the venture "looks very promising and fills a gap in the geographical spread of media providing the region with a strategically located media hub."
The liberal emirate of Dubai, already a Gulf trading hub, is rushing headlong into the electronic age with a series of multi-billion-dollar projects in a bid to become the region's e-commerce, leisure and tourism capital.
Since late October, it has launched Dubai Internet City, which is touted as the world's first Internet free zone, DMC and a Dubai Ideas Oasis to focus on information technology. – AFP.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- A million dollar for the best Ramadan drama production
- Egypt, UAE to Produce Joint TV Artworks
- Alicia Keys set Dubai on fire with her Media City performance
- What does “Dubai” sound like? Norwegian Proglifter releases track named after the city
- 'Layla' singer Eric Clapton will get Dubai on its knees next March