Singing to save lives: Arab musicians head to UK for fundraiser gig
The money donated in the two-day event in the UK will head towards the purchase of two state of the art 'SimMan Simulators', which will be used to train and educate medical staff, in turn saving lives of thousands of patients.
During the fundraising events, guests will include; Sheikh Ragab Zaki, revolutionary Syrian artist Yahya Hawwa, Egyptian Ambassador to the UK Ashraf El-Kholy and advisor to President Morsi, Ayman Ali.
Saturday, 26 January at 6pm
Logan Hall, Russell Square
Sunday 27 January at 4.30pm
Al-Miraj Hall, 11-29 Wordsworth Rd,
Small Heath, Birmingham
HAI is a global non-profit organisation established in 1991, aiming to create a movement to overcome poverty, social injustice and disaster and to strengthen humanity. HAI works in 24 across the globe, providing relief to victims of poverty or disaster, preserving human rights among other humanitarian functions.
- Music for meds: Hamza Namira's fundraising tour
- British performer Joss Stone sang at Beiteddine and lived to tell the story
- Egyptian stars sing to save the Nile
- Cairo's Calling your name tonight: UK and Egypt electronic jam session going down at Sherazade Nightclub
- Jannat sings for nonprofit organizations