He's your best man! Hussain Al Jasmi claims "Best Arab Artist" title for 2013
UAE singer Hussain Al Jasmi was honored with the “Best Arab Artist 2013” award by the Arab Radio and Television (ART) annual awards. Surprised? We aren’t!
In a glitzy affair, the UN Goodwill Ambassador was presented with the honorary award by journalist Safa Abulsuud in the presence of a large number of celebs from around the Arab world.
According to Laha Magazine, Al Jasmi expressed his appreciation for this recognition and said: “I’m very happy because I’m being honored in Egypt, a country that I’m tied to by a very close bond, one I consider like the bond between my right eye to my left one. I’m here in Egypt and feel as if I am in my second home.”
After receiving the award, Al Jasmi gave a live performance in answer to the requests of the festival's organizers and people present. During his performance, Egyptian actress Ghada Abdel Razek got up on stage and presented Al Jasmi with a flower to show her admiration of him.
- Hussain al Jasmi congratulates Egypt on Sisi's win with a cup of traditional Egyptian tea!
- #Winning: Sayidaty.net awards Mohammad Assaf with "Best Arab Male Artist 2013" trophy
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Get up close and personal with Kadim Al-Sahir: will he go back to Iraq?
- Honoring Najwa: Karam to receive 'Best Live Act in the Middle East' award at Brussels festival