Hussein Fahmi to make peace with cinema
After a four-year dissention, the Egyptian film star Hussein Fahmi may make peace with the cinema, as he is currently reviewing the comedy romantic script of a film entitled Ya Albi Esbaani (my heart lead me).
The director Mohammed Abdel Aziz nominated Fahmi to star in the comedy film Ya Albi Esbaani along with Hanan Tork and Hani Salameh.
The romantic film depicts a strong relation between an old man (played by Fahmi) and a small girl (Hanan Tork). The old man is mad in his love to the girl who is busy in another love story with a young man of her age (Hani Salameh).
“My dispute with the cinema was due to the skeptical scripts which I used to receive. The new script which I accepted carries a big meaning of romance which the cinema industry has been lacking for a long time,” Fahmi told the London-based Arabic daily al Sharq al Awsat.
Fahmi’s latest film has been Jaafar al Masri Disappearance which he shot four years ago. Costarring in the film along with Fahmi are Noor al Sherif and Raghdah -- Albawaba.com
- Hussain Fahmi goes from rags to riches as the ''Emperor''
- ‘Ehtidar’: Black Surrealistic Image of Kuwaiti Young Man’s Aspirations
- Fahmi, Citing Psychological Problems in Wake of Conspiracy, Quits Cinema
- Hanan Tork embarks on new adventure with ‘Paradise Birds’
- Critic-Shy Hussein Fahmi Bars ‘Qasaqis Al Ushaq’ from Cairo Fest