"I need to feel like I’m doing something"! Big Bang Theory actress Mayim Bialik donates money to the IDF
Actress Mayim Bialik caused a "Big Bang" in many pro-Palestinian people's lives when she decided to donate money to the IDF this week.
Some people thought that the “Big Bang Theory” actress was smarter - being a scientist in real life and all - than finding Israel's actions in Gaza justifiable, however, she did a Simon Cowell and announced that she is showing her support for Israel’s actions by donating money to their army.
Bialik said her donation would go directly to purchasing and supplying “bulletproof vests to the IDF,” reports Elite Daily.
The actress "clarified" her reasons for the donation in three points:
1. I need to feel like I’m doing something.
2. No matter what your politics are, soldiers sent into war zones deserve to be protected from enemy fire.
3. Every soldier is someone’s son or daughter. Every single one.
Celebs have had mixed views on the Gaza-Israel conflict since it started a month ago.
While Bialik’s actions clearly show her support for Israel, other stars have criticized Israel for its aggression in Gaza, which has so far seen over 1,800 people dead, including women and children.
One Direction's Zayn Malik tweeted "#FreePalestine" last week, while singer John Legend has also shown his support for Palestinians in recent Tweets.
Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem, for example, were among celebrities to sign a Spanish letter calling the killings “genocide,” and requesting a stop to the Israeli blockage of the Gaza Strip.
- Big Bang Theory star Mayim Bialik and other Jewish celebs spill their fave Passover stories
- Hanan Turk leads a donation campaign go Gaza
- Penelope Cruz signs open letter condemning Israel for Gaza 'Genocide'
- Hating on Israel is smash hit for Shabola
- Moroccan artists host a celebration to collect money for Gaza