Get it girls! Iranian women music festival is coming mid-June
A music festival for Iranian women will be kicked off in Tehran mid June.
"The women music festival is scheduled for June 14-23 on 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm every day," said Kamran Hemmat-Pour, the festival Director.
It is sponsored by Iranian private sector, he said, adding the tickets would be sold on Wednesday by Iran Concert Website. The event has been warmly welcomed by women. The groups which are to take part in the music festival include, "Avaye Mehrbani" (Sound of Kindness), Kereshmeh (Coquetry), "Avaze Melal" (Song of Countries), "Moshtaqe Shiraz" (Avid for Shirza), "Bouye Gandom" (Smell of Wheat), "Setareh Qotbi" (Polaris), "Dadmehr", "Canary", "Daryaye Raz" (Sea of Mystery), "Chakavake Azad" (Free Lark) and Khonya.
Women music festival has been held annually in Fajr International Music Festival, but this year this section of the event was cancelled and is scheduled to be held separately. Traditional women music festival is being held in different Iranian cities every year.
- Afghani chicks let their hair-loose in the mosh-pit! Girls-only Kabul music rock-concert
- Azeris are in the house! Musician Alim Qasimov to join Iranian band at Carthage
- Rock on! Alternative music festival "Kuwait Rising" going down this weekend
- Girl power in Saudi: Female filmmaker creates landmark cinema
- The metal movement: a very Egyptian music genre