Ismail Abdel Hafez passes away in Paris
Legendary Egyptian director Ismail Abdel Hafez has passed away during a trip to Paris, where he was seeking help for his increasingly bad health. The director's body has now been flown home to Egypt for the funeral ceremony.
The late director was accompanied to Paris by his wife and son who have been left in mourning for the man known as one of Egypt's greatest. Ismail was born on March 15, 1941 and went on to direct hit dramas like 'Layali al Hilmiyah', in all its five parts during his lengthy career. At one stage Abdel Hafez was the director of the most succesful drama in the Arab world. He will be sorely missed by the entertainment world.
- Abdel Halim Hafez’s Commemorations Postponed Due to Attacks on Palestine
- The Arab world’s legendary director Yusif Shaheen passes away
- The good ol' days! Sherine Abdel Wahab dreams of a classic era
- Radwan al Kashef passes away leaving 3 films, 40 awards
- A tough act to follow: Curtains close for Egyptian actor Ahmed Ramzi