Jerash Festival comes to an end
The Jordanian Prime Minister decided on cancelling the popular Jerash Festival which was held on yearly bases in the middle of the summer, and was known for combining some of the most prominent Arab and western singers and performers.
The Jerash Festival will be replaced with a new national festival called “Jordan Festival” and a new committee will be signed for it. The new committee will work on putting a plan for the new festival to be held on yearly bases every summer starting in the year 2009.
The president of the “Cultural Gathering” announced his fear that such a decision would have a bad effect since the old festival brought many with various great talents to perform on its stages. The Jerash Festival had lasted for over a quarter of a century and this year marked the end for a long lasting legacy in the history of Jordanian arts.
In the past two years the Jerash festival started having a downfall and it is needless to say that there were many complaints about it which drove many fans to stay away from its famous concerts. Last year there were great losses in the festival, where many concerts for famous Arab singer failed and did not make enough money to cover their expenses.
- The ‘Jordan Festival’ faces a boycott
- Roman Delights: 28th Jerash Festival opens on Wednesday
- Make some room! Over 100K music-enthusiasts attended Jerash Festival this year
- Jerash gets artsy for the 28th time, all set for the festival
- Arab Talent to Provide Thrills at Jerash Festival for Culture and Arts