Kill Bin Laden in Jordan
Kathryn Bigelow, director of The Hurt Locker, will be filming her new movie Kill Bin Laden in Jordan. The oscar winner had scouted for locations in India and Pakistan but both countries turned her down.
Pakistan claimed the film, set to star Jessica Chastain and Joel Edgerton, would be "offensive". Bigelow had been keeping the shots under wraps but news of the filming leaked out to Jordanian newspaper Al Arab Al Youm this week.
The movie, about the military hunt for Osama Bin Laden, has been in development for several years but after his killing in May last year, producers had to "retool" the story.
What do you think about the movie being shot in Jordan?
- A movie about killing Bin Laden but 'no politics here' says US screenwriter
- Controversial Bin Laden movie cleans up at the awards shows
- Iraqi Director to Make Film on Osama Bin Laden’s Life
- Girl Power: 40% of Arab Films at DIFF crafted by Female Filmmakers
- Finding love via FB: "Adventures of Facebook in Jordan"