Journey to Mecca comes back to Dubai
The film, which premiered at Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi in 2009, follows the story of the explorer who set off from his home in 1325, aged just 21, on a pilgrimage to Makkah. The 45-minute docudrama, shot in both Saudi Arabia and Morocco, took four years to plan, shoot and produce.
Filmed entirely in Imax, the movie was shot and edited in both Arabic and English, the Arabic version voiced by Syrian actor Abdul Rahman Al Rashi while Oscar-winning actor Sir Ben Kingsley narrated the English version.
Fans can now catch the movie at the Meydan Imax through Ramadan with three shows, at 9pm, 10pm and 11pm, daily. Tickets, priced Dh50, are available on the door. Call 800 4629.
- From Austria to Mecca: One man’s 8,000km journey to honor his sick sister
- Zeezinia Comes Back in Ramadan
- Hajj on foot: Bosnian Muslim walks 4000 miles for ultimate pilgrimage to Mecca
- The Journey to Hajj and title 'Hajji' or 'Hajjah' 2011
- Go on a journey of epicurean delights with Manakish at Al Bustan Centre & Residence