Hollywood star Jude Law lives in the fast lane, races around Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Circuit
Actor Jude Law has swapped the red carpet for the chequered flag.
The British heartthrob, who has starred in the Sherlock Holmes franchise as well as ‘Anna Karenina’ and ‘Contagion’, recently dropped in to Yas Marina Circuit, the home of the UAE’s annual F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
As fans snapped the star on their mobile phones, Law buckled into an open-cockpit Yas Supersport SST - a mini version of Le Mans endurance vehicles - for hot laps around the 5.5km track.
“Jude was bowled over by the entire experience - he was a natural racer,” said a Yas Marina Circuit insider. “He was a disarmingly nice guy and was very courteous to everyone - especially Abbas Al Alawi, his instructor.
“He even said he was considering returning to Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix in November.”
Please share your thoughts on Jude Law's visit to Abu Dhabi in the comment section below.
- Grand concerts for the Grand Prix: Jay-Z, Muse and Amr Diab to perform in AD
- Abu Dhabi's got 99 problems, but Jay Z wasn't one of them!
- It's official! Jay-Z will be 'Big Pimpin' at Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix
- Working hard or hardly working? Soumaya's new show takes her on VIP holidays
- Carol Samaha sings for children with Cancer