Better late than never: Julio Iglesias finally makes date with Dubai
He cancelled his date with Dubai a few years ago but Spanish singer Julio Iglesias is making good with a date in the UAE on March 21. The crooner will perform at an all-seated event at the Dubai World Trade Centre taking fans through his all-time hits including ‘To All the Girls I’ve Love Before’ and ‘Summer Wind’, organisers M4 Events & Sony Music Middle East said. Iglesias, father of heartthrob Enrique, who performed at the same venue in October, has sold more than 300 million records world-wide with 80 albums released in 14 languages.
Also performing at the same venue the following month is Greek composer and producer Yanni, who will return to the UAE with a full orchestra for two nights on April 4 and 5. Organiser MPremiere said the composer, who last played in October at the Burj Khalifa park, will perform favourites from his 40 years-plus career and selections from his latest album, Truth of Touch.
*Tickets for Julio Iglesias’ concert are priced at Dh1,300 (VVIP), Dh695 (VIP), Dh495 (Gold) and Dh320 (Silver) and are available at juliodubai.com or worldlegendsdubai.com. Tickets for Yanni’s two-night concerts are priced at Dh290 (Silver), Dh390 (Balcony), Dh490 (Gold), Dh690 (Platinum) and Dh1,290 (VIP). For pre-sale registrations, go to mpremiere.com or call 050 768 64 18
- Still sexy at 70: Julio Iglesias gets hearts pounding in Dubai
- Better late than never: Four years late, Dubai World Central airport opens to passengers today
- Better late than never: 17 billion dollars and endless troubles later, Qatar's Hammad International Airport is finally good to go
- A study in Arabia on food hygiene, good manners and better health
- When education becomes a luxury: UAE school fees placing massive pressures on parents