Justin Bieber delays private jet due to 'monkey business'
Ninteen-year-old singer Justin Bieber, who has been criticised for his bad behaviour in recent months, annoyed an aviation companty by delaying his flight from Florida to California for nine hours so he could search for his pet monkey, Mally, on Friday.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the 'Beauty And A Beat' hitmaker was scheduled to take off at 11 A.M. and called to say he was running late.
He eventually showed up at the private airport lounge at 3 P.M. but told staff he still wasn't ready to leave because he needed to collect his pet from West Palm Beach.
Read more: See our latest Entertainment news
The Canadian star chartered a private helicopter to retrieve the pet as quickly as possible but was eventually told that the pilot would not be able to wait much longer because he was about to run out of duty time.
The plane eventually took off with the singer shortly after 5 p.m. but it is not yet known if Justin's monkey was on board.
Justin's last pet monkey recently became the property of Germany.
The singer's beloved pet, Mally, was seized by authorities in March when the singer failed to provide proper vaccination and import documents when he arrived in Munich to perform a concert as part of his 'Believe Tour'.
German authorities filed legal documents in May to transfer ownership of the capuchin monkey after Justin failed to meet a deadline set to provide the required documents and Mally is now living in a zoo there.
- Bieber buys Dubai crib but won't spare a cent for poverty-stricken grandparents
- Justin Bieber monkeyed around before Dubai and now owes huge fine for his pet Mally
- Dubai favorite Justin Bieber torn apart from beloved monkey in Munich
- He's worth waiting for! Justin Bieber shows up 2 hours late for Dubai concert
- Bieber mayhem in UAE: 10,000 fans get in line for May performance