Dubai favorite Justin Bieber torn apart from beloved monkey in Munich
Justin Bieber had to leave a monkey in quarantine after landing in Germany last week without the necessary papers for the animal, an official said Saturday.
The 19-year-old singer arrived at Munich airport last Thursday. When he went through customs, he didn't have the documentation necessary to bring the capuchin monkey into the country, so the animal had to stay with authorities, customs spokesman Thomas Meister said.
Bieber performed in Munich on Thursday, beginning the latest leg of his European tour. He later tweeted: "Munich was a good time. And loud. The bus is headed to Vienna now. U coming?" He didn't mention the monkey.
The Canadian singer is giving several concerts in Austria and then in Germany over the next week.
Bieber had a trying stay in London recently. The star struggled with his breathing and fainted backstage at a show, was taken to a hospital and then was caught on camera clashing with a paparazzo. Days earlier, he was booed by his beloved fans when he showed up late to a concert.
- Justin Bieber monkeyed around before Dubai and now owes huge fine for his pet Mally
- Will Bieber be better in Dubai? Justin's international tour drama continues
- Justin Bieber delays private jet due to 'monkey business'
- He's worth waiting for! Justin Bieber shows up 2 hours late for Dubai concert
- Bieber mayhem in UAE: 10,000 fans get in line for May performance