Kadim al Sahir furious at rumors that he refused to sing for his country
From his star turn on 'The Voice' talent show, songster, Kadim al Sahir, was known as THE Iraqi singer. The 'Voice' coach was supported all the way by his countrymen and made is clear that he was more than a little patriotic.
So it came as a shock to fans that Kadim would turn down the chance to sing in Baghad, in celebration of the city being awarded the title of 'Arab Cultural Capital 2013'.
But it turns out the snub never really happened and the Iraqi songster is said to be furious with those that started the rumors. Kadim told reporters: “Shame on them and the press should at first make sure that what is being said is true before publishing it."
The patriotic star confirmed that he would be singing in celebration of his homeland but at a different event outside Iraq, run by UNICEF to raise money to build schools and hospitals in the poverty stricken South of the country.
- Kadim al Sahir takes failed 'Voice' contestant under his wing
- I'll take two, please! Kadim Al Sahir has high hopes for 'The Voice 2'
- Kadim al Sahir is back to his mentoring best
- Kadim feels the love: Star celebrates his birthday on-set of The Voice
- Iraqi crooner Kadim Al Sahir turns up the heat in Dubai