Kathem al-Saher fans divided over singer's appearances on 'The Voice'
Kathem has gained a reputation as something of a tortured artistic genius, shunning the limelight for a life dedicated to perfecting his musical talents, painting and sculpture. Some fans think his appearance on the popular talent show means he has “sold out”.
But some fans disagree, hoping that having a regular prime time TV slot will bring him closer to the public. He came over well in the first season. A recent poll shows that 88 percent of fans want to see him stick it out for another year.
Have your say: Does appearing on "The Voice" detract from Kathem's more high-brow pursuits?
- The Voice: How did the coaches fare with sound but no sight in the 'blind' auditions?
- Kazem al-Saher came out of 'isolation' to coach 'The Voice'
- Kathem Al Saher vows to dedicate his life and music to Iraq
- Rocking Eid el Fitr: concerts and shows line-up for the holiday
- Is Sherine Abdel Wahab having a nervous breakdown?