"Dark Horse" Katy Perry transforms into Egyptian Queen Cleopatra in new music vid
Since the release of Katy Perry's 33-second teaser of her highly anticipated music video 'Dark Horse' earlier this week, millions of her fans have been waiting for its official release scheduled on 20 February.
"According to legend, there was a magical Queen in Memphix Egypt" are the opening words written in the teaser released by the American pop star. Despite many visual references to ancient Egypt, neither the lyrics, nor the music - which mixes electronic with pop and rap - have any relation to Egyptian culture and rely only on infusing the atmosphere of fables and magic into the song about a love relationship. At certain points viewers read the name of the imaginary Queen Katy Patra.
Born in 1984, singer and songwriter Katy Perry is one of the best known American pop stars. She has been nominated for several Grammy Awards. Among the awards she has won are two American Music Awards, 13 awards of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers and several Billboard Awards etc.
- Katy Perry's Egyptian pharaonic-era "Dark Horse" video is out!
- Pop stars still look back to the luxury of Egypt's past for creative inspiration
- Justice is served: Katy Perry's Muslim-offending music video edited following worldwide petition
- Illuminati Katy? Perry's music video infuriates Muslims over burning of "Allah" pendant
- Just a 'Tweeting' glimpse of Katy Perry in Dubai