Abu Dhabi should be so lucky! Emiratis get racy Kylie to play first night F1 series
Australian pop star Kylie Minogue is coming back to the United Arab Emirates to perform a concert for ticket holders at the Abu Dhabi Formula One auto race, it was announced this week.
The singer’s show will happen on the first night of the Yasalam After-Race Concert series, November 2. It will be Grammy winner Minogue’s second time performing in the UAE, but first in Abu Dhabi.
“We’ve had some fantastic performances at Yasalam over the years, and we’re delighted that as the festival enters a fourth year we are welcoming Kylie Minogue,” said the press release announcing the concert.
Popular Canadian rock band Nickelback will also play the concert series, on the following evening.
A third star performer is expected to play in Abu Dhabi November 4, but the details of that finale concert -- which in past years has been performed by Aerosmith, Prince and Paul McCartney – will be announced later this month.
Entering their fourth year, the Yasalam After-Race concerts are staged at Abu Dhabi’s du Arena, Yas Island.
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship to take off with Nancy Ajram and Ramy Ayach concert
- Minogue sisters are doin' it for themselves in the UAE
- Can't nothing bring Abu Dhabi down because "Happy" Pharrell Williams is coming to Formula 1 this fall
- Emirati Play Gets the Applaud in Amman Festival
- Ya Kylie and ya Nickleback: putting the "yasalam" back in Dubai