Hard to keep a "Poker Face" when it's rumored that Lady Gaga will have a gig in the UAE!
While no concert date has been confirmed, social media has been exploding in recent days with rumours of Gaga’s imminent arrival in the UAE on September 10.
The star’s latest ArtRave tour will see her perform in Sydney on August 30 with the next show in Athens on September 19, leaving a wide open slot for a Middle East appearance during those first few weeks of September. Fans in Istanbul have already been running with reports that the Born This Way singer will be performing there on September 16. According to Twitter fan pages, tickets to the Dubai show will go on sale May 15 with an official announcement three days prior.
Gaga will begin her fourth world tour next week performing music from her latest album Artpop, a project that’s enjoyed commercial success but has failed to live up to the hype of her previous work. The album still managed to produce hits like Applause, Do What You Want and G.U.Y.
Popularly known for her eccentric fashion sense and risqué performances, a Dubai show has always seemed like a far-fetched dream for Gaga’s legion of ‘monsters’ due to local conservative sensibilities. If a concert really is on the cards here, fans from across the Middle East will be waiting with bated breath to see just how far Gaga is willing to hold back without sacrificing her artistic license.
- Emirati peeps, UAE expats and Lil Monster wannabes! 10 must-know Lady Gaga hacks in time for that Dubai date
- Lady Gaga's gig got the crowd going in Tel Aviv after a summer of canceled concerts
- Lady Gaga loved the Middle East, but did the Middle East love her?
- Keeping up with Kanye: the rapper spills all ahead of UAE gig
- Lady Gaga has booked a gig in space