No "honeymoon" for Laila! Elwi drops "Layla's Wedding Day" sequel idea
After much deliberation, veteran Egyptian actress Laila Elwi has confirmed that she won't be filming a sequel for her last Ramadan drama series “Farah Layla” (Layla’s Wedding).
Why would she make such a decision if the drama was super successful? According to Laha Magazine, Laila said that although the course of events in “Layla’s Wedding” are capable of shaping a script worthy of a sequel, she’d rather present a totally new production idea this year. Fair enough!
The creative-minded actress has got it all well-calculated in her head; she’s no stranger to showbiz after all. “Most TV drama sequels aren’t as successful as their first parts, and that’s why i thought that going ahead with one is too risky and may negatively impact my career,” Laila added.
Laila is currently reading through several scripts and will be making her final selection in the near future.
- Layla cooking up a storm in Morocco
- He doesn't care what anyone thinks! Ahmad Makki going ahead with fourth sequel of “El Kibeer Awi”
- Will it be a happy ending for Laila Elwi's “Wedding” sequel?
- Several unfinished Ramadan drama series may go live the last ten days of Ramadan
- Laila Elwi’s wedding in February