Sharing the wealth: ‘Layla’s Big Day’ of gift giving backstage
On the last day of filming her Ramadan television drama "Farah Layla" (Layla's Big Day), the show's star, Layla Elwi, brought presents for the entire cast and crew working on the drama as a way of giving props for the hard work everyone put in making the series a grand-slammin' success.
According to Laha Magazine, Layla filmed the final episode of the drama inside a ballroom since her character finally married the man she loved, which was played by actor Firas Saeed that plays the role of a photographer that had come back from Europe.
Looks like the recipients can look forward to another round of gifts next year as the makers of the drama have decided to produce a sequel for the drama and at the end of the final episode before the credits it was written "Farewell until we meet again in part two during Ramadan 2014".
During the Muslim holiday Eid El Fitr, Layla hit up the beach with her fam on the northern shores of Egypt to get some maxin' and relaxin' after a hectic filming period that lasted until the final days of Ramadan.
Did you watch Layla's show? Do you think it's worthy of a sequel next year? Please share by commenting below!
- No "honeymoon" for Laila! Elwi drops "Layla's Wedding Day" sequel idea
- Will it be a happy ending for Laila Elwi's “Wedding” sequel?
- Tough times for Layla Elwi who will spend Ramadan away from her family
- Break a leg, Layla Elwi! Wait, no! Don't actually...
- Wael Jassar is Layla's ray of sunshine: Singer to sing theme tune for Elwi's Ramadan drama "Sun"